International Youth Sevens



Welcome to FloridaTROPICAL 7s is an international event that welcomes youth teams from around the world. Here is what you need to know about traveling to the USA to be part of the event.

1. Permission from your Union

International teams from outside of the USA must receive permission to tour overseas form their approved governing body which needs to be forwarded to the Tournament sanctioning body USA Rugby no later than 4 weeks before the start of the tournament. International teams are required to provide proof of adequate insurance for their rugby activities while participating in the tournament as they will not be covered by the tournament's accident and liability insurance cover (as stipulated by by USA Rugby).

2. Flying into Orlando

Orlando is served by two major airports:

  • Orlando International Airport (MCO): 
  • Orlando Sanford Airport (SFB)

A list of airlines that fly into Orlando International Airport can be found here: list of airlines that fly into Orlando Sanford Airport can be found here:

3. Immigration & Visas

If you're a citizen of a country covered by the US’s  Visa Waiver Programme you are able to travel to the USA without a visa provided you hold a valid Electronic System Travel Authorisation (ESTA) and meet the requirements of the programme. ESTA is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the US’s Visa Waiver Programme.  The ESTA application collects biographic information and answers to VWP eligibility questions. ESTA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel, though it is recommended that travelers apply as soon as they begin preparing travel plans or prior to purchasing airline tickets. In addition, you will need to have a valid e-Passport along with your ESTA. e-Passports include an integrated computer chip capable of storing biographic and biometric information, such as the digital photograph of the holder. You can identify an e-Passport by the 'chip' symbol on its front cover.  For more details of the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) and the ESTA authorisation, more information can be found here:

If you are a citizen of a country that does not qualify under the Visa Waiver Programme, you will need to apply for a visa under the US’ immigration rules. If you need a visa you can apply directly with the embassy or high commission of the country you want to travel to.  More information on tourist visas can be found here:

4. Insurance

Please ensure that all players, support staff and accompanying friends/family are comprehensively insured for the duration of the tournament.  

ITZ Thumbnail Logo

Million Sports logo

Kissimmee Sports

Kissimmee Sports




UCF Logo

Event Transport Solutions

Event Transport Solutions